• Jan. 10-March 1: University of Arkansas Winter Production Meetings
The University of Arkansas is returning to in-person winter production meetings. They will be located throughout the state and cover various commodities – meeting schedule
• Jan. 18-19: 2022 Alabama Row Crops Short Course
Embassy Suites by Hilton Montgomery Hotel & Conference Center, Montgomery, Alabama. Topics to be covered at the short course include:
– Crop Market Outlook.
– Climate Impacts on Row Crop Production.
– Resistant Weed Management.
– Precision Nutrient Management.
– High-Yield Farmer Panels.
– And More!
The Alabama Row Crops Short Course will directly follow the Alabama Soybean and Corn Association Meeting, which takes place on the morning of Jan. 18 at the same location. For your convenience, you can register for the Alabama Row Crops Short Course and/or the Alabama Soybean and Corn Association meeting at: www.aces.edu/go/2022ARCSC. The event is free but you must register to ensure enough food.
• Jan. 26: 24th Annual Arkansas Soil & Water Education Conference and Expo
This event will be virtual due to COVID-19 – event details
• Feb. 9-11: Louisiana Agricultural Technology & Management Conference
Paragon Casino Resort, Marksville, Louisiana – event details and registration
• Feb. 22-23: 2022 Future Legacy Young & Beginning Farmers Conference
Wyndham Riverfront Hotel, North Little Rock, Arkansas. This two-day event is hosted by Farm Credit Associations of Arkansas. The conference is free and open to young (age 40 or younger) and beginning (farming 10 years or less) farmers in Arkansas – event details and application
• Feb. 25-26: 70th annual Mid-South Farm and Gin Show
Renasant Convention Center (formerly the Cook Convention Center), Memphis, Tennessee — event details