• Through Dec. 15: University of Kentucky Fall Crop Protection Webinars — VIRTUAL
These will be held five consecutive Tuesdays beginning at 10 a.m. CST. They are free, but you must preregister. They are hosted through the Southern Integrated Pest Management Center and and will focus on new and common threats to Kentucky corn, soybeans and wheat – details and registration
• Dec. 1-2, 2020: Arkansas Crop Protection Conference — VIRTUAL
This online program is free, but you must preregister – event details
• Dec. 2: North Carolina State University Crop Production School — VIRTUAL
Welcome begins at 8:50 a.m. EST. Presentations via Zoom run 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. The event is free, but you must preregister – event details
• Dec. 2: Advanced Corn Production in 2021 — IN PERSON, MASK REQUIRED
This half-day webinar is hosted by the LSU AgCenter at the Scott Research & Extension Center in Winnsboro, Louisiana. The event is free, but you must preregister – event details
• Dec. 7-9: Mississippi State University Row Crop Short Course — CANCELED
Read more about the reasons behind the cancelation.
• Dec. 8-10: 32nd Annual Texas Plant Protection Conference — VIRTUAL
This three-day event has a general session as well as a number of concurrent break-out sessions, depending on your crop interest. CEUs also available – event details
• Jan. 12: University of Arkansas VIRTUAL Corn Production Meeting
Webinar begins at 1 p.m. CST – event details
• Jan. 27: 23rd annual and first VIRTUAL Arkansas Soil & Water Education Conference
Check back for more details.
• Feb. 9-11: Louisiana Agricultural Consultants Association Annual Meeting
Randolph Riverfront Center, Alexandria, Louisiana. Check back later for more details.
In case you missed the virtual field days that were presented this summer, here are links to the ones that were archived for future viewing:
• 2020 LSU AgCenter Dean Lee Research and Extension Center Virtual Field Day
View the presentations by visiting the LSU AgCenter’s Central Region YouTube page. They are broken into topics, such as corn earworms, Palmer amaranth control and estimating cotton yield potential.
• 2020 University of Tennessee Milan No-Till Field Day
The tour has gone virtual this year in light of COVID-19. View the presentations at https://milannotill.tennessee.edu/research-tours/
• 2020 North Carolina State University Virtual Blackland Farm Managers Tour
View the individual presentations from this tour at Beaufort County YouTube channel
• University of Arkansas Virtual Corn and Grain Sorghum Field Day
Presentations are posted at https://aaes.uark.edu/field-days/corn/.
• Clemson University Pee Dee REC Field Day
Among the presentations will be discussion about research being conducted to improve insecticide-resistant management plans in relation to corn earworm on Bt corn, and winter oil seed, canola and rapeseed production in South Carolina. Video presentations are posted at https://www.clemson.edu/cafls/research/fieldday/